COVID 19 MEASURES
COVID-19 is a disease caused by a new strain of coronavirus. ‘CO’ stands for corona, ‘VI’ for virus, and ‘D’ for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as ‘2019 novel coronavirus’ or ‘2019-nCoV.’ The COVID-19 virus is a new virus linked to the same family of viruses as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and some types of common cold.
ZAFFICO Plc, like many other companies, has been affected by the Corona Virus (COVID-19) pandemic. Our top obligation in view of the pandemic is to safeguard lives of our members of staff, customers, Suppliers and the general public before business.
In keeping with Ministry of Health guidelines, ZAFFICO Plc management has taken a number of practical steps to avoid the transmission of COVID-19.
Where noticeable symptoms of the virus are observed in any of our staff, the company will undertake to provide necessary support to such member of staff in accessing treatment at Government designated centers.
The corporation through the Health and Safety Section has implemented the following measures across all ZAFFICO stations to prevent the spread of the disease
- Awareness on COVID-19 was conducted with employees both at the stations and in the fields to sensitize them on the disease outbreak
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing facilities have been placed at strategic points at all the stations to enhance hygiene
- All the vehicles entering the plant are disinfected.
- All offices, surfaces and door knobs are disinfected on a daily basis
- Security personnel at the main entrance measure people’s temperatures prior to entry in the plant. Those, whose temperature is above 38ºC are supported in accessing treatment at Government designated centers.
- Re-usable masks were distributed to all employees and continue to be distributed to the newly recruited employees.
- Employees and visitors without face masks are prohibited from entering the plant.
- All staff canteens operate on a take away basis to avoid large gatherings.
- Social distancing of one to two meters apart is observed at all Sales outlets and logging sites.
- Face-to-face meetings have been limited to very few employees and alternative on-line meeting platforms such as ZOOM, Microsoft Teams and skype have been made available.
The Human Resource Department through its Health and Safety sections monitors adherence to the above measures.
STAY SAFE AND FOLLOW HEALTH GUIDELINES AS PROVIDED BY THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH